Are you bug curious? A family friendly bug eating expo
Entomophagy ˌɛntəˈmɒfədʒi/ - the practice of eating insects for food.
Are insects a super food? Can they save the planet? Beyond being a regular game show prop, bugs should be a serious part of our future food conversation. Nutritious and sustainable, the research clearly shows that entomophagy is something that the western world needs to consider to be able to manage the growing population and increasing demands on natural resources.
At this event you will be able to:
- Meet Australia’s passionate bug eaters, farmers and enthusiasts
- Understand how insects are farmed commercially
- Learn about the financial, environmental and health benefits of insects as feed and food
- Sample a range of insects and insect based products
- Learn about matching insects with wine
There will be plenty of activities for kids on offer too!
You might be interested in
Michael Wohlstadt of Dairyman Barossa discusses how he's meeting the growing demand for local dairy products, and putting his Barossa dairy on the map.
We acknowledge that the land we meet on is the traditional lands for the Kaurna people, and we respect their spiritual relationship with their Country.
Created for anyone who has a fascination with South Australia's food industry, and has a day to spend learning about some of the global challenges and insights, and our leading...