Are you bug curious? A family friendly bug eating expo
Entomophagy ˌɛntəˈmɒfədʒi/ - the practice of eating insects for food.
Are insects a super food? Can they save the planet? Beyond being a regular game show prop, bugs should be a serious part of our future food conversation. Nutritious and sustainable, the research clearly shows that entomophagy is something that the western world needs to consider to be able to manage the growing population and increasing demands on natural resources.
At this event you will be able to:
- Meet Australia’s passionate bug eaters, farmers and enthusiasts
- Understand how insects are farmed commercially
- Learn about the financial, environmental and health benefits of insects as feed and food
- Sample a range of insects and insect based products
- Learn about matching insects with wine
There will be plenty of activities for kids on offer too!
You might be interested in
The Drink Dine Design exhibition showcases future thinking and enterprise with a focus on beautifully crafted objects, ideas and applications that enhance our experience of consuming food & wine. Whether...
Udder Delights is a South Australian success story. Sheree Sullivan will discuss the daring conception, development and realisation of Australia's first raw milk and blue cheese. An inspirational dairy story!